Dearest Students and Friends:
I'm excited to let you know that E4FC is now accepting applications for our new Immigrant Student Ambassador Program.
The purpose of this new pilot program is to inspire, train, and mobilize Bay Area immigrant college students to be courageous, effective, and informed advocates for immigrant students nationwide.
Students accepted into the program will receive training in public speaking,media relations, campus organizing, and federal/state policy affecting immigrant college students; receive stipends of up to $600 (depending on their involvement in the program); and will be invited to apply for funds (up to $500) to support their organizing/advocacy efforts.
Who's eligible to apply?
- Lived in California for 3 or more years of high school career
- Enrollment in a college or university in Fall 2009
- San Francisco Bay Area residency. Must fulfill at least one of the following: 1) Previous graduation from a San Francisco Bay Area high school, or 2) Current enrollment in a San Francisco Bay Area college or university
- Previous community or extracurricular involvement
- Commitment to being an advocate for immigrant college students
Qualifying students will need to submit a written application, a personal essay of 500-1000 words, two recommendations, and evidence of birth outside the United States. Applications are due Friday, June 26, 2009.
More information about the program and the application can be found on our website and downloaded here:
Please share this with other students who might be interested!